Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dreaded Blue Screen with STOP hexadecimal codes

• Please log in to reply

sharpey

sharpey

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hi

Not sure if I am on the right forum as I'm not sure what the problem is!

Not been on here for a while but have a serious problem. I got the dreaded blue screen (see attached). I have tried to follow the instructions but cannot get into my system. I have two SATA drives controlled by a RAID card that act as my C: drive. This is the drive my OS is on. I also have an internal 300GB IDE hard drive for storage only. I have valuable data (incl. baby photos) on my C: drive I want to recover. I removed the SATA drives and tried to install XP on my IDE drive. All was OK until I got a screen in SETUP that told me SETUP had found a version of windows and if I carried on installing I would loose valuable data including My Documents. I am 100% sure there is no version of windows on the IDE drive. I also have valuable data on the IDE drive. For this reason I quit SETUP. I was hoping to operate off the IDE drive, reconnect the SATA drives and copy information from the SATA to the IDE.
My STOP hexadecimal codes are: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x86B78350, 0xC0000102, 0x00000000)

Please help, I'm really seating on this one

Cheers

Wayne

Attached Thumbnails

• Bluescreen_70_.JPG

Advertisements

daffy_elmo

daffy_elmo

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
I just thought i'd say....... I don't know how to fix your problem!!!
I do feel sorry about your baby photo's though :whistling: .

Actually i do feel sorry for you, & I hope someone will reply that knows what to do (i don't. remember?).
I just saw no-one had replied so i thought i should (people have helped me on this web-site & i thought i'd better put some of my experteese in. There. Debt repaid).

don't worry, your on the right site, someone will help soon..........
(cross fingers :blink: )

ps. if you want to get a strait screen shot of your screen just press the Prt Scr button on your keyboard...... mind you if you can't get to windows than it might not work after all. I've never tried it before..........

pps. that screen shot is too big, it take ages to veiw in my web browser.

ppps. if this blue screen thing is stoping you from using your computer at all, you could try private messaging one of the staff here (they're nice people once you get to know them).

Edited by daffy_elmo, 25 September 2006 - 02:50 AM.

sharpey

sharpey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Anybody able to help.

Please!!

Cheers

Wayne

daffy_elmo

daffy_elmo

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
:whistling:
Help!

Over Here... Help!

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!

hmm it's no use!

I'll do some research myself OK?

I hope somone replies soon.....

Edited by daffy_elmo, 17 October 2006 - 07:35 PM.

daffy_elmo

daffy_elmo

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
I found this information on the net.
here is the link to the page i found so that you can you the helpful links it's got on it: http://www.aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php
it said that the code that isn't in brackets is the one that tells you what the problem is:

0x00000024: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM
(Click to consult the online Win XP Resource Kit article, or see Windows 2000 Professional Resource Kit, p. 1543.)

A problem occurred within NTFS.SYS, the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS file system drives. There may be a physical problem with the disk, or an Interrupt Request Packet (IRP) may be corrupted. Other common causes include heavy hard drive fragmentation, heavy file I/O, problems with some types of drive-mirroring software, or some antivirus software. I suggest running ChkDsk or ScanDisk as a first step; then disable all file system filters such as virus scanners, firewall software, or backup utilities. Check the file properties of NTFS.SYS to ensure it matches the current OS or SP version. Update all disk, tape backup, CD-ROM, or removable device drivers to the most current versions.
General Discussion {KB 228888} Win 2000, Win XP

Caused by Open Handles while closing an application {KB 195857} Win NT, Win 2000, Win XP

Good luck.
daffy_elmo

Edited by daffy_elmo, 17 October 2006 - 07:36 PM.