Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My computer keeps crashing please help!

• Please log in to reply

Wildlilraven

Wildlilraven

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi ppl,

I hope someone can help. I dont know why my computer keeps crashing but this is what happens.

Basically the screen goes white. If I press Ctrl-Alt-Del nothing happens, press the off button, nothing happens. The only way I can switch it off is by holding in the power button till it goes off. Do I have a virus, or spyware? Is it my hard drive or any software im using?

Please help!!!

Edited by Wildlilraven, 26 September 2006 - 06:45 AM.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. There are a multitude of things that could cause this. Have you recently installed new software or made recent hardware changes on your system? If so, that could be the cause, just remove the software or undo the hardware change Have you tried doing a system restore to a restore point prior to this trouble? It is also possible that it is a virus or malware. You can work through the malware removal guide at http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html
You could view the system event log for possible clues as to the cause. Go to start, my computer right click manage, event viewer. Look for events with a red x corresponding to the time of the lock up/crash.

N-e-V-e-T-s

N-e-V-e-T-s

• Pip
  • 4 posts
O.o my computer crashing to =[

Edited by N-e-V-e-T-s, 03 September 2008 - 04:09 AM.