Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hijack this posted please help, I have done all the pre steps

• Please log in to reply

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello mrsflynn...

Jayzeee has asked me to assist a bit...

You have quite a few error there that may be related. First let's see if you have an invalid memory address on the hard drive...if there is, it may be causing the rest of the errors.

Click Start, then Run, type cmd, and click "Ok". At the prompt in the command window that opens, type fsutil dirty query C: and press "Enter".

Does the result of this indicate the drive is "Dirty"?

Type exit and press "Enter" to end the command session.

Let me know the results of this step as it will dictate the next.

wannabe1

Advertisements

mrsflynn

mrsflynn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
No the result says "NOT dirty"

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Good...it's not a dirty bit. We'll still need to run a chkdsk to recover the cluster that's triggering the boot check.

Click Start, then Run, select cmd from the drop-down menu, and click "Ok". (It may already be selected.)

In the command window, type chkdsk /r (note the space) and press "Enter".

You will be told the volume is busy and asked if you'd like to schedule the check for the next boot...type Y and press "Enter".

Type exit and press "Enter" to end the command session.

Reboot.

This check will run on startup and is quite thorough. It will go through 5 stages and may appear to start over a time or two...this is normal. The last stage takes a very long time to complete, but will do a good check on the overall health of the file system. Be patient. 60 to 90 minutes is not an unreasonable amount of time for this. Very large drives can take even longer. Once back to Windows, reboot again and see if chkdsk still wants to run on bootup.

If you receive another BSOD, please post all the information it contains here for me.

Edited by wannabe1, 10 October 2006 - 09:39 PM.

mrsflynn

mrsflynn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
I ran the CHKDSK but it actually only took maybe 60 seconds to run??!! Things seemed to be working soso but this morning I got a Blue screen again! Please note the details on the blue screen change every time but this is the messasge I got this morning! Once again thank you for all your help and patience in helping me with this problem, I am finding your services to be extreamly valuble!!!

A problem has been detected and windows has shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
If this is your first you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen apprears again follow these steps:
Check to make srue any new hardware are software is properly installed . If this is a new installation, ask your hardware/software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need. If problem continues disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer press F8 to select advance start up options and then select safe mode.

Technical information: ***STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x8A6F466D4, 0x0000001C, 0x00000000, 0x8A6F46D4) Beginning to dump of physical memory Physical memory dump complete Contact you system administrator or techinical support group for further assistance.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hmmm....doesn't sound like it's running the complete check for some reason.

Is chkdsk still attempting to run on each restart or has that problem been "taken care of"?

What were you doing on the machine at the time you received the BSOD?

Boot into Safe Mode by tapping the F8 key during the bootup and choosing "Safe Mode" from the list of options. Sign in to your usual account and see if the BSOD occurs while running in Safe Mode.

What I'm trying to determine here is whether this is a hardware or software problem. The BSOD you received can indicate either or both... :whistling:

mrsflynn

mrsflynn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
CHKDSK didn't run as you said it would and NO it hasn't run anymore since the initally scan.
This time I was just surfing the net when I got the BSOD, but it has come up many times while trying to run the Kaspersky Online Scanner ( I never did get thur the scan) it also comes up when we try to play games quiet often.

I will try operating in safe mode in the mean time and let you know what happens,

Thanks again

mrsflynn

mrsflynn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Ok while in safe mode I was playing a game, and it was working better but I did get another blue screen!
the only differences are as follows:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

0x00000050 (0x9E202746, 0x00000000, 0xE1998825, 0x00000000)

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Alright...that one points to a driver or a virus. We know that it's not a virus, so that narrows things down a bit. :blink:

I'm going to need to know more about the machine. Please download, install, and run WinAudit on the machine. Save the audit in PDF format (Adobe) and attach it to an email to me...I'll PM you with my address. This information will help me determine where the problem might be... :whistling:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
It would appear that we have our work cut out for us. :whistling:

First, uninstall Ewido and reboot. This is a hanging application and is seemingly preventing a service from starting which in turn is not loading a driver. This may take care of two errors...we have quite a few things to look at.

Do your cd drives work as they should? There are several errors in the audit that show the cd-rom as "broken"...we need to explore this as it may be the (or one of) driver that's not loading.

mrsflynn

mrsflynn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
I have uninstalled Ewido and rebooted! A month or so ago we accidently pulled the door off the cd rom drive but we were able to put it back in and we have never had any problems that I know of with it. I am still attempting to send that zip file to you but it seems to still be timing out?!

Advertisements

mrsflynn

mrsflynn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Another blue screen!!

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
0x000000D1 (0xFFC04098, 0x00000002,0x00000001x0xF688D473)
***netbt.sys - address F688D473 bas at F688D000, date stamp 41107ecc

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
The audit may be larger than your email provider will allow. I'll work with what I have, it will just take a lot of scrolling back and forth... :blink:

The cdrom error may have been generated by a dirty or scratched cd or (as it happened at about the time you booted to Safe Mode) just by the driver not being allowed to load. We'll assume this one is Safe Mode related for the moment.

I'm still researching events (errors), this is going to take me a bit. There seems to be a lot of Application errors, mostly Internet Explorer...Flash appears to be causing some faults. I need to look into this. :whistling:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
This is, apparently, a pretty widespread problem (the Flash errors on IE) and may be part of the problem with game play, as well. I don't think this step will necesarily take care of the BSOD problem, but should eliminate a substantial problem.

Using Internet Explorer, download this new Update to Flash Player (Flash Player 9 Update beta) from Adobe Labs. Because this is a beta version, please set a system restore point before installing this update.

Run the machine for a while and then send me another WinAudit so I can see any new errors. Again, report the details of any BSOD's--they really do help to find the problem--you just have a lot of errors to look at. :whistling:

Edited by wannabe1, 12 October 2006 - 07:32 PM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Have you received any more BSOD errors?

There are several error relating to dinerdash2...is this a game you can uninstall and reinstall later?

mrsflynn

mrsflynn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Luckily I havent' seen anymore BSOD! I have also uninstalled dinerdash 2.
SO maybe we are now in the clear?

Thanks again