Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hijack this posted please help, I have done all the pre steps

• Please log in to reply

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Let's watch it for a while. I'd also like to look at one more WinAudit report to check for new errors, but let it run a day or so first.

I'd say we're getting pretty close. :whistling:

Advertisements

mrsflynn

mrsflynn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Yet another BSOD!!
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
stop: 0x0000000A (0x00000000,0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x804DC11D)

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Ok...that one points to RAM. Which may have been the original problem...we just needed to wade through all the software errors to find it. :whistling:

Does your machine have a floppy drive installed?

Also, please send me a fresh WinAudit report.

mrsflynn

mrsflynn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
No floppy drive

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Have a look at the information HERE. Have you ever burned an ISO image with your machine?

mrsflynn

mrsflynn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
No I have never burned an ISO from my computer?? Should I follow the steps in the link? Will I need my Windows CD, unfortunetly it has been misplaced?!

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
I see you have Nero installed...that will make burning the image pretty easy.

Go to the link I provided and download the diagnostic program. This is a Windows test, but it's easy to create the cd to boot to. We shouldn't need your installation cd right now.

I've got this narrowed down to either a RAM problem or a problem with IE. These are the only remaining errors in the report...so we have made a great deal of progress. :whistling:

Are you real attached to your google toolbar? (working on the IE error)

mrsflynn

mrsflynn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
No I can rid of the google toolbar! I have also downloaded the program will look into downloading it with nero

Thanks again

mrsflynn

mrsflynn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
I believe I burned the cd correctly, I chose the "make a bootable cd" under the "data" option. I then restarted the computer with the cd in the drive, something appears to try to run but it then comes to an A: prompt???? Have I jumped the gun in trying to do all this? if so I apologize! otherwise can you lend some further direction.

Thanks

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
You made a bootable cd, but not quite what we needed.

Depending on the version of Nero, there should be an option for burning an ISO image in the Copy/Backup section. "Burn Image to Disc" or something very similar to that.

Then boot the machine with the image cd in the drive and it should load the memory diagnostics interface.

Advertisements

mrsflynn

mrsflynn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Ok this seems rather scary to me and I really hope you can continue to help me LOL

I ran the memory diagnostic tests and stoped it durning pass 3. I am not sure exactly what I am suppose to report back to you but this is what I am assuming you need!

Windows memory diagnostic found 701 errors.

The error distribution by memory module is:
Slot DIMM1: Not populated
Slot DIMM2: 701

The error distribution by test is:
Lrand 40
Stride6 (cache enabled) 11
Erand 650

I hope this is all you need!

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
It would appear that you either have a bad RAM module, a bad slot, or poorly seated RAM module.

How are you about being inside your machine?

mrsflynn

mrsflynn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Not extreamly familiar with the insides, I have changed the ethernet card before?! With clear directions I would feel comfortable going in! You seem to be a good teacher so far!! :whistling:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Great!

I'll post back in a bit with detailed instructions for a couple of things I'd like you to do to see if we can verify exactly what the problem is... :whistling:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Disconnect everything from your computer including the power cord.

Place the machine on it's side motherboard down...this should be the right side when looking from the front. Please...use a kitchen table or other flat surface...not a carpeted floor...static is not our friend. :whistling:

Remove the side panel and touch a metal part of the case to discharge any static you may have stored up.

Just to the front side of the processor you should see two long, verticle sockets. One will have a stick of RAM in it...by the report, it will be the one closest to the processor, but it doesn't really matter as we're about to change it. At the ends of these slots should be small colored tabs (usually white on asus boards)...Press down on these tabs on the slot with the installed RAM module to release it and remove the module. Then put the module in the other slot and press it firmly into the socket until the tabs engage the module and snap into place.

Hook the machine back up (you can leave the side panel off for now), power it on, and run another memory test.

If you get a series of beeps instad of a boot, the ram is not seated...power down, disconnect and reseat it...try again.

Let me know how this goes.