Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hijack this posted please help, I have done all the pre steps

• Please log in to reply

mrsflynn

mrsflynn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Ok I was able to switch everything and run the test again stopped it again at pass 3 and these are the results:

Found 480 errors

Slot Dimm1 : 480
Slot Dimm2 : not populated

Error by distribution by test is:

Lrand - 4
Erand - 476

Also since I put it all back together my mouse seems freeze on me everyonce and a while????

Thanks again

Advertisements

mrsflynn

mrsflynn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
ignore the mouse thing I got it working?! sorry

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Have you had a BSOD?

It's looking like you have a bad stick of RAM which may be a blessing in disguise...you really could use more RAM. :whistling:

Let it run for a while and then send me a new WinAudit report.

mrsflynn

mrsflynn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
ok lets not ignore the aggravating mouse, it keeps freezing on me ever since a changed the ram location, it will work for a few mins and then I must unhook it and reboot before it will start working again, at times I have to be more persistant with it!

How much will a new stick of ram cost me?? I am on my way out this morning, is there any particulars that I should be looking at when buying more?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
You may, if you wish, change the RAM module back to the original slot...I don't know that this will have any effect on the mouse issue, but that seems to be when the problem showed up. AS for new RAM...your machine uses PC2700/PC2100/PC1600 non-ECC DDR SDRAM...some prices for this are shown HERE to give you an idea. I would recommend at least a 512MB module. (you have 256MB installed now)

If the mouse continues to be a problem, let me know and we'll see if we can sort that out.

mrsflynn

mrsflynn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
ok I remembered that my computer guy put in this memory about 4mths ago so I called him and told him, he is going to replace it for me as well as give me another stick for a great price but I can't pick it up till Sunday or Monday. In the meantime I haven't had anymore blue screens, but I have had a lot of IE shutdowns and for some reason my printer doesn't want to print??? Mouse is better but still comes and goes once in a while?
would you still like me to send you another winaudit or shall we just wait till I get the new ram??

mrsflynn

mrsflynn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Just when I thought I saw my last BSOD!!!!!!!!!

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
0x00000000A (0xFFFFFFFF, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804DC25D)

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
That still points to memory issues. I'm assuming the new RAM hasn't bee installed?

Let me have another WinAudit report and let's see what kinds of errors have shown up the last few days.

mrsflynn

mrsflynn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
sorry for my lack of responses lately! I have installed the new ram and am still having problems I did see another blue screen however it wasn't a solid screen, it was all cut up...I was playing a game at the time and it wasn't working properly. I have also sent you another winaudit.

Thanks

mrsflynn

mrsflynn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
New BSOD

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
0X000000D1 (0X00000000, 0X00000005, 0X00000000, 0XF7696C88)
***ATAPI.SYS - address f7696C88 base at F7691000 date stamp 41107b4d

Advertisements

mrsflynn

mrsflynn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
New BSOD

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
0X000000D1 (0X800000f, 0X0000002, 0X0000000, 0xf41a5914
***TCPIP.SYS - address f41A5914 base at F4184000 date stamp 444775D3

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
I'm very sorry, mrsflynn...it would appear I lost my subscription to your topic. I didn't realize you had replied. :whistling:

Let me review your last few replies and I'll get back to you shortly...honest I will.... :blink:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Let's try to get these one at a time. The ATAPI.SYS error appears to be transfer rate related.

Right click on "My Computer" and choose "Properties". Click the "Hardware" tab and then the "Device Manager" button. In Device Manager, expand (click +) "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers", right click on an IDE channel and choose "Properties". Under the "Advanced Settings" tab, what is the "Transfer Mode:" set to? What is the "Current Transfer Mode:" listed as?

Check this for each IDE channel listed.

mrsflynn

mrsflynn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Ok heres the info you requested, thanks again for helping me some more!

Primary IDE channel

Device 0: Transfer mode: DMA if available
Current Transfer mode: Ultra DMA mode 5

Device 1: Transfer mode: DMA if available
current Transfer mode: Not applicable

Secondary IDE channel

Device 0: Transfer mode: DMA if available
Current Transerfer mode: Ultra DMA mode2

Device 1: Transfer mode: DMA if available
Current transfer mode: Not applicable

mrsflynn

mrsflynn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
BTW I have been meaning to ask you another question?? the guy I got the RAM from also gave me like a serial number or something with them, should I be loading drivers or something with that info??

Thanks again