Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My dvd r/rw driver is not working

• Please log in to reply

arcidy

arcidy

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a vaio pc when I first got it I coud easily burn dvds but by mistake I used a different operating system cd thinking it was the systemrestore now my dvd rom acts like a cd driver it wont burn dvds or play them what should I do.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Check with the Sony site for your model, you should be able to get the drivers there

arcidy

arcidy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
ive tried but I dont know what to download the ones ive tried never worked how do I find out what to download

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Which model vaio

arcidy

arcidy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
yeah and the operating system cd I used was an hp notebook which totally scrwed everything up I was desperate to use the internet at the time cause the pc wouldnt turn on so I used that not realising it would damge my drivers.