Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BF2 - Some Big Problems

• Please log in to reply

BudweiserZero

BudweiserZero

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Alright, ive looked all over the net, and im not sure what to do.

First of all, me and my friend both patched to patch 1.4. he gets like 4000 servers, while i barly get 70 of the same ones. So, i know something is wrong right there.

Also, whenever i connect to a server, it works fine for just a second and then says "There is a problem with your connection".

This seems to be only happening with patch 1.4, as i uninstalled, and reinstalled, and i could connect when it the the bare version of the game. But as soon as its 1.4, it wont work for me, and im not sure whats wrong.

I have disabled all firewalls, i dont have a router to open ports from, and it must be something with 1.4 as it worked without installing the latest patch. And i am using the Full 1.4 not incremental.

If anyone has had this problem, or knows any thing that can help me, i would be very thankfull.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. That's strange... You can't connect to ANY servers? Also, what filters do you have being used? You should at least be able to see them...

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
there is a problem with the 1.4 patch. You will need to perform a manual uninstall (recommended) or just a normal uninstall.

click here for instructions on the manual uninstall

reboot the pc. then reinstall the game and then install the full 1.4 patch.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts

... i uninstalled, and reinstalled, and i could connect when it the the bare version of the game. But as soon as its 1.4, it wont work for me...

It might have already been tried :whistling:

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
install 1.3, don't go to 1.4

not much we can really do here except to redirect them to EA for additional support

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Agreed. We could easily put you on the 1.3 patch, but that won't do you much good online today... seeing as how they all have 1.4... When EA helps you, and you hopefully solve the issue, please let us know so we can look back on it.