Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Burning Dual Layer DVD

• Please log in to reply

Majmun

Majmun

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
I am using Nero 6 to burn dvds. I have a dual layer dvd in the drive but Nero is showing that I only have 4.37 GB of space instead of the 8+ that I should have. How do I get it to recognize the dual layer dvd?

Something else I noticed is that in Nero Vision Express 2 where it say "What would you like to do?" I don't have a "make dvd" option even though I am in dvd mode. It does say "make cd". Also, I have make a dvd+vr. In the help section it clearly shows in the picture that there should be a "make dvd" option, but I don't have that.

Edited by Majmun, 29 September 2006 - 05:57 PM.

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
just cheaking, do you have a dual layer DVD burner, yes they are different from standard DVD+ and DVD- drives. If your not sure can you list your burner.
James

Majmun

Majmun

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

just cheaking, do you have a dual layer DVD burner, yes they are different from standard DVD+ and DVD- drives. If your not sure can you list your burner.
James

Yes I do. I think I figured out the problem. The Nero program I was using came with another burner that I bought, so it was designed for that specific burner. I'm going to buy the full version of Nero 6 ultra, so that should take care of the problem.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
I have the same version of nero as you "Nero Vision Express 2" and have seen the option to use dual layer DVD on a number of ocassions, however i can't test to see weather it works or not as i don't have any dual layer DVD's. Nor do i have any need to burn anything onto such a large and expensive disc.
James