Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

logitech g7 problem

• Please log in to reply

texwiller

texwiller

• Pip
  • 5 posts
hi, i have a problem with my logitech g7 mouse. it started to stop working for a few seconds. there is nothing that can disturb the signal between the mouse and computer. batteries are ok too. i also tried to re-calibre the connection between the mouse and computer but that didn't solve the problem. i don't know if it's important but i noticed that the laser does not shine as it used to when i pick up and look under the mouse. is there anything wrong with the lens? thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. Is it brand new? You might be able to replace it for free if it is. It might have gone bad. When you say recalibration, explain how you did that? Did you press the connect button on both the receiver and the mouse to see if it would restore?

texwiller

texwiller

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
no, it isnt. i bought it almost 8 months ago. there is an application in logitech\setpoint directory called logitechconnect.exe. i ran it and followed the instructions. do you think i should try to replace it?

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Well, before we do that, I would rather see if Logitech's support can help you. I would hate to have to spend more money when it's possible to fix it.

texwiller

texwiller

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
i consulted the logitech support pages and forum but i couldn't get a satisfactory answer.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Is there a way for you to call or e-mail them?

Dwight

Dwight

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
have you clean the post where battery goes ?
mybe dirty.
you can do that with a qtip.

texwiller

texwiller

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
ok, i will try to contact them. and believe me 4238dwight, there is no cleaner mouse on the face of the earth
:whistling:

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Yes, call them and report back what happens. I would be curious to know what they have to say... Also, this just came to mind... Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the drivers for the mouse?

texwiller

texwiller

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
yes i re-installed the mouse.