Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Multiple Displays, 1 PC

• Please log in to reply

jlmorgan

jlmorgan

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi there, hope you can help.

I am currently running an Asus EN6600 GeForce 6600 graphics card, it has 1x VGA, 1x DVI, and 1x S-Video TV out.

At the moment I have 2x 17" TFTs using the VGA and DVI ports, and working nicely in a dual screen way, and I want to add my recently purchased 32" LCD TV to the PC, acting preferably as a 3rd screen so I can use the PCs DVD and Divx on that screen.

On the surface this doesn't seem to be a problem, as the graphics card has 3 ports for 3 screens, however the nvidia setup software says that even thought I can connect more than 2 screens, I cannot have more than 2 running simultaneously. Now the TV works when one of the monitors is switched off, but this is not what I was hoping for.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could get all three running together. I considered a VGA splitter so the 2nd monitor and the TV show the same image, which would be an acceptable compromise, but since they run at different resolutions I'm not sure if it would work.

Anyway, any pointers would be welcomed.

Many thanks,

James

Advertisements