Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bluetooth problem

• Please log in to reply

tanda

tanda

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
Hi Everyone,
I'm after some help with my Bluetooth dongle. I Installed a bluetooth dongle on my PC, and it works ok, used the insterlation disk supplied. A few weeks later, my stepson bought another dongle and installed that one. The new one worked ok, but my dongle refused to work, so we used the stepsons. Now the stepson has moved into his own flat, (And taken his dongle), and I am trying to get my dongle to work again. I uninstalled his softwear, and in the process, I deleated a file called WIDCOMM from my PC. (Don't ask me why), Now, when I put my instalation disc in it says,

"An upgrade of widcomm bluetooth softwear is required", I click "OK", and it says, "Only valid for products that are currently installed".

If I go to MY COMPUTER/CONTROL PANNEL/SYSTEM/DEVICE MANAGER under NETWORK ADAPTERS, I have a yellow Exclamation mark next to "Bluetooth LAN Access server driver", and under SOUND,VIDEO, AND GAME CONTROLERS, I have a yellow Exclamation mark next to "BLUETOOTH AUDIO". I don't know if this is related, I think it may be, It wasn't there before. Both errors say I need to update the drivers, but windows cannot find an updated driver, not on the PC, Dongle Instalation disc, or windows Instalation disk. How can I sort this out, Where do I get the file/drivers from, how do I put them on the PC? I would be greatfull for any help. Thanks.

Windows ME (Upgrade from windows 98)
i.Tech Dynamics LTD Dongle
WIDCOMM BTW 1.4 (Written on instalation disc)

Advertisements

tanda

tanda

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
UPDATE

I got round it by swaping my dongle for the stepsons, now I have a working dongle, but I still don't know why the other one didn't work.