Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Avators

• Please log in to reply

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Thinking or creating my own one of these days.
What file formats are acceptable for upload and our limit is 16 kb correct?!
James

Advertisements

Maiestas

Maiestas

eh...

• Retired Staff
  • 1,481 posts

Your avatar must be no bigger than 100 pixels by 100 pixels in size. Uploaded avatars from your computer must be no larger than 30 KB.
The following file types are allowed: gif,jpeg,jpg,swf,png

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
thanx :whistling: couldn't find that information in my control panel the one time i needed it :blink:
James

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
That page is actually incorrect. As per our site Terms of Service, the maximum size for an avatar + signature combined is 16kb for our dialup users.

James, yours is currently 39kb and will need to be changed.

ScHwErV :whistling:

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
thanx for the notice ScHwErV. Is there anyway the site could let you know you limit, without having to look at the properties (if you dl the file) because mine is just off another site.
James

Edit: this'll have to do for now, till i find time for better :whistling:

Just noticed now why doesn't anyone have thier country flage anymore below thier information anymore?

Edited by james_8970, 02 October 2006 - 02:44 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
If you find an image and its to big run it through an image editor(photoshop and the ilk) and you can save it to a smaller size i do it all the time most of mine are to big. The one i have know (a very beautiful avro vulcan most kick [bleep] plane ever constructed by man) needed shrunk a bit to fit on. And some need changed to look better at larger sizes, just look around find something you like and exemplifies you youll find pictures of pretty much anything on the Internet.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Yes i understand that....i just realised i was being lazy when doing something else....but thats another story.

and the search begins :whistling:
James

Edited by james_8970, 04 October 2006 - 08:24 PM.