Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sticky Messenger

• Please log in to reply

Spike3

Spike3

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Hi All,

I've had a brief look through the forum but can not find anything.

MSN Messenger 7.0 BETA version - Although it's been doing the same thing on any version...

When I am conversing with somebody on msn, the conversation window gets stuck for about 6 seconds. :mad:

Now in that 6 seconds, the mouse pointer will not appear on messenger. It will not show that anyone is typing a message. Xp does not pick it up as 'Not Responding', but that's almost what the programme is doing.

The main messenger window will not respond either. So it's like it gets stuck. However it recieves messages back from people ok. I am running Xp Home, on a wireless connection, 512Mb broadband connection. However this also happens at home on a dial up. Nobody else who uses the new version of BETA i know has come across this problem.

This is an annoyance rather than a major problem, but with people on messenger
Spike says:
who

Spike says:
type

Spike says:

Spike says:
this

it gets frustrating having to flick up and down the page!!

Once every 15 conversations or so, it works like it should! Very strange.

Any help? :tazz:

Thanks

Spike

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

MSN Messenger 7.0 BETA version - Although it's been doing the same thing on any version...

View Post

There's a possibility that it's interacting with the firewall or a virus scan program.

Ron