Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Freezing and Dropping

• Please log in to reply

TreborR

TreborR

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Greetings,
I have a problem I am working on. I have a PC with XP pro on it.
The system has loads of problems starting with freezing up and ending up with a Not Responding title. Second with the task manager open to watch what is going on there (at times) No processing taking place while waiting for files to open or to run a program.
I removed AOL, and found out while running Webroot spyware sweeper some one deleted everything. Also while trying to fix what was going on the messed up the anti virus also.
So I and going to reinstall the antivirus, but while on the web sites freeze up and I can not get most spyware removal software to open up. I got on to PC magazines site and did some over the net sweeps and tests. It shows some damaged drivers, but that is it. I am going to try to install the antivirus but I have a feeling it is not going to work.
Any ideas!
Thanks.

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
First, I would try a spring clean
http://www.kickenhar...read.php?t=3835
then if the problems remained, the steps of malware removel
http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html
then if the problem was still there, the HJT log process that is mentioned in the second link.

Edited by fleamailman, 03 October 2006 - 06:10 AM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
also....might be more effectie if you post in the right forum....moving this to the XP forum