Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Continually reboots

• Please log in to reply

geminimoon618

geminimoon618

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I went to fix a computer today with XP home ed. OS installed. The OS will not load and the computer continually reboots. I cannot force-feed the system to boot from the CD-ROM, (all boot order to CD_Rom) Also, I cannot start the computer in safe-mode, Last Known Good Config, or any other of the options listed there, as the keyboard will not navigate threw the menu. The keyboard is in working order.
Does anyone know what could be causing these problems? The computer worked fine yeasterday.

Advertisements

twistadias

twistadias

• Pip
  • 7 posts
could be your RAM

im not too sure but i had problems like that because of my ram

also check all your pci cards.
Remove and put them back tightly

Nekul

Nekul

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Why don't you try to restore BIOS defaults and check with Keyboard disconnected. I had similar issue as the one of hte keyboard keys was stuck.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
To many 'could be' here, please give more detail like spec's and os's