Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mouse not working

• Please log in to reply

tekaj

tekaj

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
I usually use both of my macs to run my DAW's and keep my PC for internet stuff. I started up my pc last night just so it doesn't feel left out, and my mouse no longer works. It's plugged in properly, I re-started the pc a few times but it still does not move an inch. Keyboard works fine. It's not an optical or laser mouse.
what could be the problem here?

Thanks

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
could be many things.... do you get a mouse pointer or nothing at all? If you get a pointer the first thing I'd check is to see if you can clean it.... IF it still doesn' t work I'd say replace the mouse... if that doesn't work try a usb mouse as maybe the ps/2 port is no good....

tekaj

tekaj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
yes I do have a pointer, it has been cleaned.

I guess it's usb mouse time..
thanks

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
as an after thought you could try going into safe mode.... if it works there then go into device manager and remove any listing for mouse there and then reboot to full windows....

tekaj

tekaj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
tried that, does not work in safe mode either