Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Annoying pop up reminder says no internet connection

• Please log in to reply

BucsFan

BucsFan

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I keep getting this annoying pop up that never goes away. I have to actually go to the task manager to stop the process because it doesn't even has an x to close the program or any way to exit it. It states "reminder" with the current date on the top. Then in the pop up it states that this program cannot display the webpage. Then it states reasons why such as: "you are not connected to the internet." I am constantly having to refresh my webpage to keep the internet connection. It's almost like I have intermittent connection. I have road runner cable connection and have recently increased the speed from a 5,000 to a 10,000 (which is suppose to be fast) and it still takes about 30 seconds to get to another website. I just tested my download speed and it's at 8,000 kilobits/second today. I tried all of the self help removal guides and have spent the last 2 weeks working on this. I'm about ready to just set the computer back to the original settings. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
If you could tell us the process you are ending in the Task Manager and the name of the program that claims it cannot display the webpage, it would help us find an answer to your problem.
Johanna

BucsFan

BucsFan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
sorry, it states "Reminder Thursday, October 05, 2006 9:35:01 PM." It always states whatever the current date and time is. :whistling: