Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PST file

• Please log in to reply

mwolf40

mwolf40

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have just received a cd filled with congratulatory emails for my husband who just retired. I popped it in my computer to bring them up for him to read only to find I don't have the correct program to download them. I am running Windows XP OS and the file on this cd is a PST. file. As you can see I am not very proficient or I would be able to figure this out myself. Where to I find the program I need to be able to view these emails. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
A PST file is an Outlook file. If you have Outlook, the process is simple. I think you'll have to copy the PST file to your hard drive. Then open Outlook, click File, Open, Outlook Data File, and browse to file.

I'm not sure if Outlook Express can open/read a PST file, but you could give it a shot. Outlook Express is part of Windows, so you have that program for sure.

Hope this gets you started.

Linda Brockelman