Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trouble in Gaming

• Please log in to reply

nondaj

nondaj

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
Am having problems playing games where a character has to move fast to accomplish a task before something else happens or time has run out for the action to be done.

My PC: Dell XPS400 OS - Win XP SP2 Video card - Nvidia GeForce 6800

Games where problem has occurred: The Longest Journey. Character runs when double clicking on left mouse button. In a maze where character has to turn over an hour glass to trigger a new flight of stairs to climb, she must run down a flight of stairs and up the newly triggered flight of stairs. Cannot get her to run at all during this sequence.

Two Nancy Drew games - necessitated character moving fast to accomplish a task and could not get computer to move fast enough to do what was needed.

What I might be missing here? Does not seem to be my not moving fast enough because am playing other games where timed sequences have to be done and seem to have no problems, but do run across some games that just cannot make PC do what is necessary to finish the game.

Do all the usual of course re turning of screen saver, even disabling anti-virus internet service for game etc. but with little results.

Thanks to anyone who might have some suggestions.

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hi,
I've never played the game before but have you tried looking at a complete solution for the game to see if your doing it right.
Have a look over at www.gamefaqs.com for a complete solution.

nondaj

nondaj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
Zeus GB: Tried to register in at gamefaqs but keep getting notice that my email name and password is already in use. Find that hard to believe because my ISP would not allow me to be using email name if someone also had it. Have never registered at gamefaqs before nor seen the site so not sure what is going wrong here. Any suggestions?
Did not find any place on the site to get direct help re this error.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
You don't have to register that's only if you want to leave comments, share your solution etc.

Click on the link below and you should find three walkthroughs of the game, have a look at them and see if they help.

http://www.gamefaqs....ame/198973.html

nondaj

nondaj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
Thanks muchly - have downloaded the WTs from this site and will give them a look see for further help. Hope it works. Keep you posted.