Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Great or Best Anti-Virus,Firewall and Anti-Spyware needed !

• Please log in to reply

LostMan15

LostMan15

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi all,
I have been infected by alot of viruses in the past, due to weak Anti-Virus,Firewall and Anti-Spyware. I have some right now and im trying to get rid of them ASAP. It is annoying and i don't rest until it is fixed. So please someone who knows alot about Anti-Virus,Firewall and Anti-Spyware please help me with reallt great Anti-Virus,Firewall and Anti-Spyware programs so that my computer is all nice and clean :whistling:. Any suggestions would be really helpful. I am in deperate need of this things so please please respond ASAP. Th

Advertisements

Kniht

Kniht

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
It depends if you are looking for free programs or paid.

Good free firewall is ZoneAlarm. I use Kerio4 firewall (paid version). I'm not sure if Kerio still offers a free version.

As for antivirus a good free program is Avast. I use NOD32 (not free) haven't been infected yet. NOD32 according to the website "Virus Bulletin" passes their stringent testing with flying colors.

As for antispyware I use Ewido (paid version). Although now that AVG has bought out Ewido, I hope it doesn't go the same route Giant Antispyware did after the buyout by Micro$oft.

Other good antispywares are Spybot Search and Destroy, Lavasoft's Ad-Aware, and SpywareBlaster.

I'm sure you'll get many opinions on this subject and these are just my opinions.

Edited by Kniht, 08 October 2006 - 12:45 PM.

LostMan15

LostMan15

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
LOL,WEL THX 4 UR HELP.BUT I HAVE ALREADY AVAST4.7 AND I HAVE ZONEALARM PRO, AND AS ANTI-SPYWARE I HAVE SPYWARE DOC. SOME HOW...TROJANS KEEP GETTING IN AND IDK HOW. IM M DOING A SCAN RITE NOW FROM BITDEFENDER AND IT SAYS THAT I HAVE 2 VIRUSES THAT SPYWARE DOCTOR,AVAST AND ZONEALRAM ALL DIDN'T FIND ANY VIRSU... I AM WORRIED ABOUT THIS,BUT I REALLY APPRECIATE UR HELP DUDE. SO PLEASE PEOPLE HELP ME OUT HERE. N IM DEPERATE NEED OF HELP..THANK YOU :whistling:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
I'll agree on Nod32...it's pretty hard to beat. I'll also concur on the spyware applications that were mentioned by Kniht...they are all good. In addition you might look at Comodo for a good firewall.

That being said, you should consider letting our malware experts help you clean your machine up.

Please go to the Malware Forum and follow the instructions found there.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself...then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum. Be patient, the Malware Forum is a very busy place and a two or three day wait is not unusual. DO NOT REPLY TO OR BUMP YOUR OWN LOG. If it shows a reply it may be overlooked as one that is being worked on.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

wannabe1

Edited by wannabe1, 08 October 2006 - 01:06 PM.

LostMan15

LostMan15

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Well i have done alot of sanning and i have a trojan downloader virus and it alwayz locates to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSSMGR, if anyone knows about this type of problem or know how to get rid of this,please respond, i m still in deperate need of help. Thank you! :whistling:

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
your in the wrong forum

you should be in the malware forum

on this computer im using windows firewall

only got norton antivirus corporate edition
before i installed norton corporate edition i had bargain buddy
but the malware forum took care of that
i also use adaware1.06 which excellent
got ewido but dont use much
same with spybot search and destroy not much use
but ewido and spybot are there if i need them