Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ehh, More Audio Problems

• Please log in to reply

mwaljn

mwaljn

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
I've got a microphone plugged into my computer, but no sound is coming back out. I've checked the batteries, power, etc in the microphone, so I assume its something in my audio. I've since went into the control panel for audio, and slid all the volume tabs all the way up. There is now a checkmark in the box to select microphone, not sure if that is an issue. Please help! Thanks!

Advertisements

cheyenne 09

cheyenne 09

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Hi mwaljn
Welcome to GTG let's look at some settings. Open Control Panel and double click on "Sounds and Audio Devices". Under the "Voice" tab, make sure your audio device appears in both menu windows. Click on the "Volume" button, make sure no Mute boxes are checked, and that all the volume sliders are set to at least half way. "Apply" any changes you make and click on the "Test Hardware" button. Follow the prompts for the test and let me know if it work's Good Luck

:whistling: Cheyenne 09 :blink: