Spyware and Trojans
Posted 15 October 2006 - 12:47 PM
Posted 16 October 2006 - 05:30 PM
Please post back a fresh HJT log please
Posted 21 October 2006 - 11:29 PM
and that, b111.exe is located in
C:\Documents and Settings\Me\Local Settings\Temp
I keep deleting it, but it keeps coming back, and I'm not really sure where the trojan is, so I can't stop it at its source. Do you still want a HJT log?
Edited by Instant, 22 October 2006 - 12:12 AM.
Posted 22 October 2006 - 08:37 AM
First download AVG Anti-Spyware from HERE and save that file to your desktop.
This is a 30 day trial of the program
- Once you have downloaded AVG Anti-Spyware, locate the icon on the desktop and double-click it to launch the set up program.
- Once the setup is complete you will need run AVG Anti-Spyware and update the definition files.
- On the main screen select the icon "Update" then select the "Update now" link.
- Next select the "Start Update" button, the update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
- Once the update has completed select the "Scanner" icon at the top of the screen, then select the "Settings" tab.
- Once in the Settings screen click on "Recommended actions" and then select "Quarantine".
- Under "Reports"
- Select "Automatically generate report after every scan"
- Un-Select "Only if threats were found"
- Reboot your computer into SafeMode. You can do this by restarting your computer and continually tapping the F8 key until a menu appears. Use your up arrow key to highlight SafeMode then hit enter.
IMPORTANT: Do not open any other windows or programs while AVG Anti-Spyware is scanning, it may interfere with the scanning proccess:
- Lauch AVG Anti-Spyware by double-clicking the icon on your desktop.
- Select the "Scanner" icon at the top and then the "Scan" tab then click on "Complete System Scan".
- AVG Anti-Spyware will now begin the scanning process, be patient this may take a little time.
Once the scan is complete do the following:
- If you have any infections you will prompted, then select "Apply all actions"
- Next select the "Reports" icon at the top.
- Select the "Save report as" button in the lower left hand of the screen and save it to a text file on your system (make sure to remember where you saved that file, this is important).
- Close AVG Anti-Spyware and reboot your system back into Normal Mode and post the results of the AVG Anti-Spyware report scan.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users