Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Uninstalled Keyboard and Mouse Driver...

• Please log in to reply

shuushuu

shuushuu

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I m a noob.. So it might be some very stupid problem, but I really appreciate it if somebody could help me..

Okie.. this is going to be very funny. I had a keyboard problem at first, my usb keyboard just stopped functioning one day, and it couldn't be used (it didn't work) in windows. I could only move my mouse. I have a feeling nothing is wrong with the usb port nor the keyboard because when i restart, I could used it in the BIOS system, but when I get to the windows startup screen, it stopped functioning.

So.. I decided to search around the net and one suggestion was to uninstall the keyboard drivers, and I did. What I did was went to device manager, and uninstalled some usb stuff. In the end, I couldn't move my mouse or my keyboard, and when I replugged them, it auto-gona-installed, but I couldn't do anything cause my keyboard and mouse doesn't work anymore. So i restarted, and now I m stucked outside of windows, cause I can't get my keyboard or my mouse to work. What should I do now? -__-;

Advertisements

Dwight

Dwight

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
Hi shuushuu. Welcome to GTG. See if this works.

SYSTEM RESTORE from safe mode
See if you can get in safe mode,try this
1. Restart your computer, and keep tapping F8 during the initial start-up
until you get options, select Safe Mode with a command prompt then press enter.

2. Log on to your computer with an administrator account or with an account that
has administrator credentials.

3. Type the following command at a command prompt, and then press ENTER:

%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

4. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to restore your computer to an earlier state.

Look for the most recent system checkpoint created before the errors to restore
From....

shuushuu

shuushuu

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hehe! I found another way around, got help from lotsa people.

I used a ps2 mouse (the keyboard doesn't work, as it was the original problem) to access windows, and then open device manager and there was an icon with an exclamation mark in the USB HID, so I uninstalled it, replug the keyboard and installed the driver.

The mistake I made before this (which I don't know why happened) was when I uninstalled one of the drivers, the other 5 disappeared together. Magical. >.<;

Anyways, thank you for helping, really appreciate it a lot! ^^

Dwight

Dwight

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
Thank for letting me know