Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pls help my 82 year old mother

• Please log in to reply

fortyfour

fortyfour

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently bought my 82 year old mother her first computer - a Mac. She is doing well with it, but now she is having problems with MS Entourage Mail. Entourage thinks the computer is offline even though the Mac is connected to her cable modem. How do we get the Mac to re-connect to the internet? I am working with my Mom over the phone - she in Florida and I in Connecticut (also I am a Win XP user).

Thank you very much. :tazz:

Advertisements

macmacfl

macmacfl

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Email me with your mother's phone and location. I live in Florida and do Mac tutoring working mainly with older adults. I can troubleshoot pretty well over the phone.

Ann in Naples
[email protected]

appleswitch

appleswitch

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Dont use Entourage, Its poorly made for OS X. I recommond Apple Mail (already Installed) or at least Mozilla Thunderbird (mozilla.org)

robinpow

robinpow

• Pip
  • 7 posts
First your mother next you? :tazz:

For real, Macmacfl up on her offer. While not as common as it was in years past, Mac users have been like a big family.

Back in '88 when computers were new to me, serveal Mac users helped me.

For many years I would do free phone help, and even did a few in home trips. The only charge was a cup of coffee.

Also as a rule, anything that starts with MS is a problem in one way or the other.