Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Xbox parts?

• Please log in to reply

C01DB100D

C01DB100D

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Seeing as how I am about to get a 360, I will have no more need for my regular xbox.

Would it be possible to actually take the parts out and put them in my laptop?

I'm talking as additional parts, so I could have both graphics cards running, even two processors? o-o

Yet, switching out would be okay too, anything right now is better than this piece of sh**.

Before I go on any further, is it even POSSIBLE?

Advertisements

kidnova

kidnova

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
No, there isn't anything in your xbox that you will be able to salvage for your laptop. Generally, the only upgradeable things in a laptop are RAM and the harddrive. Occasionally, the processor can be upgraded but that varies from laptop to laptop.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The parts in a xbox are off the shelf PC parts but the only thing that conceivably would fit in your laptop would be the CPU but only if its the correct socket type and its P3s in xboxs so it would have to be an old laptop but its doubtful you would gain anything but a headache and a large paperweight from the attempt.

r2zoo

r2zoo

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Correct me if im wrong, but ive heard the hardrive from the orginal xboxes can be "unlocked" and then converted to a standard hardrive. However I dont know how this is done, or if a 4gig hardrive is that valuable.

kidnova

kidnova

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
Do you have any need for a 4gig HD? No, I don't think it would be worth the time or effort required to unlock the HD.

C01DB100D

C01DB100D

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
I thought it was like...50,000GBs

or was it MBs?