Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Missing DLL

• Please log in to reply

Ramkzoo

Ramkzoo

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Thanks! :whistling: Creating the Boot and Nuke Floopy now and will begin the process in a moment.

Advertisements

Ramkzoo

Ramkzoo

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hello again,

Boot and Nuke has finished successfully, or so it said. I have reinstalled XP and am now in the process of updating it. One question: The first time that I reinstalled, it did not ask for the Product Key, nor did it ask for one this time. It also did not ask me to activate Windows XP at teh end of the reinstallation either time.

Is this normal?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
No

Have any updates installed

Ramkzoo

Ramkzoo

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
One set has installed, and I've rebooted. I'm on the second update run now.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
It starts without asking you to choose a version of windows, if so, odd about the product key and activation, disc could be worth bundles on e-bay :whistling:

Ramkzoo

Ramkzoo

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Yes, it starts (and reboots) normally (w/o asking any quesitons about which OS to use). Second set is almost done installing and then I have to run for the day. I will run the next update pass in the morning.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thanks for the update

Ramkzoo

Ramkzoo

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Good mornig, Keith:

I just wanted to let you know that the second install appears to have been successful. The system is booting properly and there have not been any unexpected shutdowns. I ended up reloading the McAfee Security Software and have successfully run the Virus Scan. (I left it on overnight while running the Virus Scan and it came out of hibernation this morning without issue.) Thank you very much for your assistance and advice. I think that it would be safe to close this topic.

Best Regards.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know