Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

preferences

• Please log in to reply

hellican

hellican

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
When I first registered as a user, I asked for help and i was almost immediately assisted. The Staff here is great, knowlegable and courteous. So a few months later, I asked for help again... No responses, three months later.. no response, and I just posted another question a few days ago, and no response.

So I went to the library and registered as another user. And my question was answered almost immediately.

Am I being presumtous to ask if the Geeks give prefered treatment to new registrations?

Anyone else notice this?

Am I banned for life now?

Regards,

-James

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi James...

Most of us don't even look at the member's name when choosing a topic, I know I don't. We choose to help with problems in areas we feel confident in. A lot will depend on which forum you post in, too. Some forums (malware for instance) are just incredibly busy and the procedures can be lengthy and complicated...a delay can be expected when the demand for help exceeds the supply of qualified helpers. We do the best we can.

Your topic in the OS Forum was probably passed up because it involved file sharing applications...it's against our Terms of Service to assist in these cases. It probably should have been noted in the topic that this was the case and I apologize for any misunderstanding there.

In the Hardware topic, you were helped within minutes...no problem there.

The rest were all in Malware...three of them. The first was resolved successfully. The third was posted yesterday morning, I'm sure someone will pick it up before long. The second would appear to have slipped through the cracks...sorry, it happens. Did you post a reminder for us in the Waiting Room?

I'm sure that your user name or how long you have been a member have absolutely nothing to do with how fast you are assisted...it's more a matter of us staying in our fields of expertise so that you can get the best help we have to offer.

wannabe1