Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor: On and Off

• Please log in to reply

jsaklas

jsaklas

• PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
When I first boot up, all is well until I get to the desktop. Then as I click on most any application (Excel, Mozilla Firefox, WordPerfect, etc.) my monitor goes black, the green light is still green but the screen is black. I hit the on-off button to turn it off, then immediately hit the button again to turn it back on and then my screen is OK. I start work (or play) then it happens again. This continues perhaps from 4 to 10 times in the first say 10 minutes, then the screen stays on until I log off or, of course, shut down the machine.

I have tried various refresh rates and this has no impact, and have reloaded the drivers, also having no impact.

I'm running the anti-Christ's (Uncle Billie) Windows XP. The monitor is an Envision 7220 flat screen LCD.

Any ideas?

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
what happens if you use another moniter
I don't feel it is the moniter, more likely to be programs
lets see

Edited by fleamailman, 11 October 2006 - 08:33 AM.