Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

adaptive software search

• Please log in to reply

SVDtiger

SVDtiger

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
hi i need to find softwares hopefully freewares that will help me to continue to use computer. im steady losing my vision from accident with a farm tractor. thats pretty whacked in itself since i did race fuel harleys at same time. so a 5 mph beast instead of a 7 second beast gets me.

also i really would like to correspond with others already using assistive/adaptive invoked computers.especially a totally blind user

my machine is older 500p3 with 98. florida blind services got me a big monitor and thats it. then my counselor quit them and next one that came here says im not blind enough for any service/guidance but doctors say get ready for darkness and should learn braille now. pretty spooky stuff to me right now.

bottom line is i have about 25% sight left and computer is about all i got for any sense of normalcy.so i really would like to stay behind a keyboard of some sort.

another question is if and when i do have to upgrade my OS what do you folks consider to be best choice for an adaptable type system to construct? any advice or direction will be greatly appreciated

much thanks and high regards, john

Advertisements