Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Looking for web hosting company

• Please log in to reply

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
I am looking for recommendations on a web hosting company. I do not need them to host my website, because I have that somewhere else. What I am looking for is a company that will act as a backup mail server.

For example, I have an Exchange server here. But if my internet connection goes down or my server goes down I would like my mail to go to the companys mail server, which will continually try to forward them to my mail server until it comes back up.

I have found alot of things that say they will run mail but its either their mail or ours not both. I know this can be done but I am looking if anyone else has had any luck with this.

I hope its explained clearly, if your confused, let me know.

Thanks

Advertisements

CoLL

CoLL

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I can recomend you go to findmyhosting.com and do you request

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Wouldn't a GMail account accomplish kinda the same thing? Remote hosting with forwarding? Maybe i don't understand what you want either.
Johanna

pccromeo

pccromeo

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
Have you checked out GoDaddy.com? They offer '50 Email Forwards' with their $3.99/mo economy plan...

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
http://www.appriver....e/emergency.asp

That is pretty much what I am looking for.

AAOROE

AAOROE

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I have delt with several web hosting companies. I have done many different websites.

Some of these are

GoDaddy.com
NetFronts.com
knowhost.com
1and1.com

Those are the ones I have used.

1and1.com I personally dislike and would recommend users stay a way from there. I do not like their customer support when you call in. I have probably spent hours on hold for them during the day. Their Tech Support is good when you talk to them. But usually I have to call at like 10/11pm to talk to someone in like 5 minutes.

Netfronts is pretty good. I am re-designing a website that use them. I do not like their control panel but you might be able to use plesk or cpanal.

GoDaddy.com is pretty good. I love their tech support. Even though they do not have an toll free number you can get into contact with someone in a matter of seconds.

KnownHost.com is really good with tech support and what they offer their customers. The domain registration is not included but that is only like 2 bucks every 6 months

TaNkZ101

TaNkZ101

• PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
The two most important factors in chosing hosts are price and support. I currently host my site with siteground.com, and i'll tell you their support is absolutely wonderful.
I think for $90, I got all the space/bandwidth i'll ever need, the cpanel is absolutely LOADED with stuff (free scripts, free stats etc etc etc...), and a domain, for one year.

Edited by TaNkZ101, 26 October 2006 - 01:44 PM.

AAOROE

AAOROE

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
what control panel do you use through them?

AAOROE

AAOROE

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
they do offer a whole that that I can guarentee you that 1and1 doesnt. I might need to change my host company. lol.

TaNkZ101

TaNkZ101

• PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
cpanel 10