Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A little Test regarding Trend Micro

• Please log in to reply

metaslob

metaslob

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
OK! I thought this was a problem on my side, but today I had a pal test it out on his computer and the same thing happened, the browser shuts down on itself while running Trends online scan.

Would you please try it and see if the same thing happens to you and report back?

Thanks in advanced
(thought this was the best place for it)

Advertisements

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Moved to Tech Discussion since its a discussion about technology.

PS, if it morphs into a discussion involving a problem with your browser, then we can move it to the Internet and Browsers forum.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
I've used trendmicro successfully before, but it doesn't seem to be playing well right now. If you need to do an online scan, Panda has one here. Try that and see if it works.

Edited by sari, 12 October 2006 - 10:12 AM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
were you doing the java based or plugin based scan? i got an error when it tried to update the "kernal components" during the java scan...but the scan is running now....where in the process was it failing for you?

metaslob

metaslob

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
I can only use the java based, even when I chose "I want to use a different kernal" (or something like that).

But like I said, this seems like it's not a problem on my browser or computer, as I've someone who lives 20 km away test it on his computer and the same thing happens. We both have the same internet provider, could that be an issue?

edit:

It used to crash when it got to a folder with a plugin from www.last.fm , I removed that and now it just crashes without even starting the scan (the virus definition loads, but after that firefox and explorer closes itself)

Edited by metaslob, 12 October 2006 - 11:13 AM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Try running the scan from Internet Explorer.

metaslob

metaslob

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

but after that firefox and explorer closes itself

; )

edit: in fact, Explorer closes itself almost before the site is fully loaded.

Edited by metaslob, 12 October 2006 - 11:41 PM.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Well, I'm not experimenting with it anymore. It locked up my Firefox totally, and I could only end it via the Task Manager, and when I tried it with my IE, I lost my internet connection and had to reboot to get it back.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
:whistling: wow, can't believe it went that far,
But whatever you guys were experiencing it seems to have passed over, i'm scanning right now and have been for 1.5 hours using internet explorer as people seemed to have the most issues with it.
Death to internet explorer :blink:
James

Edited by james_8970, 14 October 2006 - 10:31 AM.

metaslob

metaslob

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
ok, then it's not just problem on my side - good to know. Sorry it [bleep]ed up your machine Sari : (

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
No big deal - it fixed itself quickly. :whistling: