Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Available wireless networks

• Please log in to reply

inheritedhornet

inheritedhornet

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
Hi, i changed my wireless card and everytime i turn on my laptop, i have to enter my network key and i have to use the card's software to connect to the internet. I even went back to using my old card and i still have to do the same thing with that card's software. Its getting frustrating....This is what i get when i try to use the laptop's connection thingy.

Posted Image

:whistling:

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. This is becuase you are using the thrid party software to pick up network signals. If you disable the new software from being the default connection handler, you should be able to use the Windows version again.

inheritedhornet

inheritedhornet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
thank you. How do i disable it from being the default conneciton handler? Thanks

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
Try disabling it in the start up tab in msconfig. Start /Run /open=msconfig. Go to the start up tab and uncheck the wireless utility and restart. put a check in the box of the "you have made change to the way" window that will pop up and click OK. this should allow you to use the native software.

inheritedhornet

inheritedhornet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
i tried but it didnt work. I actually fixed by switching from raconfig to zeroconfig. i just right clicked on the icon and changed it. thanks :whistling: