Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I dont have my Windows Admin password!

• Please log in to reply

Bodomtrooper

Bodomtrooper

• Pip
  • 6 posts
:blink: They recently gave my friend a dell and they gave it to him with a password in the start up window. and for some reason he can get it. is there a way to restore the computer without using a windows xp disc? can i just do it from the bios? or do i have to download one of thos complicated password removal tools?
Thnx in advance :whistling:

Advertisements

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
By "They" do you mean his Employers? It's not a good idea to mess with company property. There are many utilities that can remove passwords from windows accounts. Hiren's Boot CD has loads of stuff worth having.

crash override

crash override

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Nothing you change in the BIOS will help with a Windows password, the two are not connected.

Bodomtrooper

Bodomtrooper

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

By "They" do you mean his Employers? It's not a good idea to mess with company property. There are many utilities that can remove passwords from windows accounts. Hiren's Boot CD has loads of stuff worth having.

naa its like his moms friend who was moving

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Bodomtrooper...

You might try logging on to the Safe Mode Administrator account and see if you can change it there...though it will require that you know the original password. Perhaps you can contact your mom's friend and have them give you the old password?

Beyond that, there is not much we can do to help you. Circumventing the security measures on a machine is something we just don't do as there is no way we can verify exactly who the registered owner is. Granted, your situation may be completely legit, but the next person who views the information may not have such noble intentions.

Your best option would be to format and install a new copy of Windows.

wannabe1

Bodomtrooper

Bodomtrooper

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Hi Bodomtrooper...

You might try logging on to the Safe Mode Administrator account and see if you can change it there...though it will require that you know the original password. Perhaps you can contact your mom's friend and have them give you the old password?

Beyond that, there is not much we can do to help you. Circumventing the security measures on a machine is something we just don't do as there is no way we can verify exactly who the registered owner is. Granted, your situation may be completely legit, but the next person who views the information may not have such noble intentions.

Your best option would be to format and install a new copy of Windows.

wannabe1

yea... IM just gonna tell him to buy the Windows CD because i told him to tell the lady but hes to shy to ask her or something.
Thanks to all anyways