Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

system restore is doa

• Please log in to reply

agilles901

agilles901

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hello

ever since the spyware sheriff got on my computer, I have not been able to use system restore
The message I get is "framedyn" not installed and therefore cannot use the restore function
My question is
1. what is this file
2. where do i get it
3. how did it get deleted
4. is it hard to install

please dumb your answers down because I am a real novice

When I first detected the ssheriff, I did use system restore and that helped but then I started to get that error message
thanks in advance

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
You should start eliminating some of your infection by going here at the top geeks page

Do you suspect a malware (Spyware, Virus, Trojan) infection? Please Start Here. System clean? Spyware Protection.
To avoid confusion, please do not post your question in someone else's topic. Start your own. Stay with your original topic when posting a follow up.

then go to the MALWARE FORUM and all of your questions will be answered