Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Understanding Java and BlueJ

• Please log in to reply

Carter Hayes

Carter Hayes

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
Hi people I am attending a course on programming and we are studying Java. (Beginners) Aswell as this, we have been asked to download Bluej aswell as the JDK.

Basically the classes (only two so far) have been pretty intense and I am failing to understand the basic concepts of what I am actually doing :blink:

For insance, we are studying as an example:

public class FirstApplet extends java.applet.Applet
{

public void paint(Graphics g)
{
g.drawLine(0, 0, 200, 200);
}
}

what each { means and where to and not to put those, along with all the other characters and definitions of class. objects etc

This probably sound totally bizzare, but can anyone point me to a site somewhere that explains objects, classes, paths etc aswell as all the symbols and how to understand them in Java from a beginners point of view?

I just don't have a clue and everyone else in the class appears to know what and where to put the { and the text and other symbols etc.

Any help or guidance appreciated.

Thanks,
:whistling:

Advertisements