Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

P2P software doesnt work properly on wired lan

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Ldee

Ldee

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
Hello, I have a normal nic lan card connected to my router with broadband internet access. I also have access to a wireless network administered by my neighbour. I installed uTorrent and used it with my wired connection as I have done many times before, everything working fine (ports are forwarded in router just incase this helps). Then I used uTorrent while connected to the wireless network for a while, again everything worked fine. But now when I try to use uTorrent while connected to the wired network nothing happens, the program starts as normal but nothing starts uploading or downloading, for a second there is a little activity (usually only with one torrent, it will upload at 1k for about 30 seconds) then nothing, nothing out nothing in. I have to now connect to the wireless network, then uTorrent works fine. Anyone know why?

I am using sygate firewall, I get a green light in uTorrent for forwarded ports when usuing the wireless network (?) but I don't get a green light when using the wired network (even though the ports are forwarded for the wired network...?), it still used to work fine on the wired network without the green light though. Any help much appreciated.I c

PS: I can access the internet fine on both networks, its just uTorrent that is affected as far as I know.

Edited by Ldee, 12 October 2006 - 05:26 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
No support offered for P2P here I'm afraid.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
As said above, we here at G2G will not assist you in using P2P programs, or other illegal programs. Moderator please close the topic.