Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pop ups and website blocking

• Please log in to reply

Poolman747

Poolman747

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi

I am in need of some help please.I am experiencing multiple pop Over and Unders. Also it seems that whatever is causing them is also blocking me from accessing several well known anti virus sites. Such as symantec.com and trendmicro.com . I have followed the steps of using CleanUp! then Ad-Aware SE thenCWSHREDDER then SPYBOT S&D then Enwido/AVG then Panda ( I could not get Trend Housecall page to load) then Trojanhunter, Finally i updated my Windows 2000 with all available security patches. After rebooting i am still experiencing the same symptoms.I am not sure what is next so i am posting my HijackThis log and hoping for some direction.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Scott
Aka Poolman747

Actually i am now having a problem with Hijack this. After it runs i get a message saying Cannot find the c:\DocumentsAndSettings\dfrugina\desktop\hijackthis.log file. Do You Want To Create A New File?
Then Yes No Or Cancel . Yes and No both bring up a Notepad screen which remains empty. Immediately following this My Norton Antivirus pops up with this notification.
RISK Action Taken Filename
MHTMLRedir.Exploit Deleted Hijack~1.Log

So i am now not sure how to post my Hijackthis logfile

If anyone can offer any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Scott
Aka Poolman747

Edited by Poolman747, 13 October 2006 - 11:01 AM.

Advertisements