Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Comp restarts +Windons explorer error + can't see desktop icons

• Please log in to reply

Mr47

Mr47

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
If i wanted to autostart it next time how will i do that.

Advertisements

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
You can Restore the backup HijackThis made if the program itself has no option to set itself on Auto.

I'm very ignorant about that sort of programs, since they always pose a security risk I never use them.

Mr47

Mr47

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Soory for replying so late. I was away from my comp.
I removed the program from the startup list and lets see how it runs for a few days. I'll reply back with what happenes.

Thx

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
OK. Keeping them crossed for you. :whistling:

Mr47

Mr47

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Alright, first of all after changing to classic XP i only got the error once and after that not at all.

2) I fixed the registry in the HijackThis but the program still starts up with windows start up everytime.

3) I just recently got the error when i plugged in my USB drive and opned my commputer. That never happened before with my USB.

4) If you have time could you help me with another problem my sisters comp is having, or should i make another topic for it.

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
1) Good to hear. :whistling:

2) If it were up to me I would uninstall it, but that is ultimately your choice.

3) Sounds like a driver or hardware problem

4) Start a separate thread or it might get too confusing.

Regards,

Mr47

Mr47

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Thanks a lot for bearing with me. I'll uninstall the program in a week cause i won't hav time ot get to my comp.

I'll make a new thread. I would apreciate if you helped again. :) :help: :blink: :whistling:

Mr47

Mr47

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
The error problem is now not that worse. I rarely get the error anymore. I figured out that it only happens when comp starts and i access my computer to fast befor all the stuff like virus, spyware, stuf are fully loaded.

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
That makes sense. If the libraries arent all loaded yet, the application crashes.
It is a form of protection. If it isn't all present, the not yet protected program shouldn't run.