Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't hear WAV files

• Please log in to reply

Cheat_DEcoder

Cheat_DEcoder

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
I can hear MP3 files and background music so my speakers work fine. But I can't hear WAV files! Help please!

P.S: I'm using Windows Media Player but when I use Quicktime and any other program the wav files work fine.

Edited by Cheat_DEcoder, 14 October 2006 - 08:09 AM.

Advertisements

jimfred

jimfred

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
im not sure if this will help but u might try opening WMP click on options then click" file types" under makeWMP the default player for these files make sure there is a check in the box next to "Windows audio file(wav)" if this doesnt work its possible the player doesnt support the codec that was used to make the file theres more on this in the help with using the library under the options tab . hope this helps .................

This is preliminary documentation and is subject to change.

Using Windows Media Player: recommended links
You can use Windows Media Player to find and play digital media files that are on your computer, play CDs and DVDs, and play digital media streams from the Internet. In addition, you can rip music from audio CDs, burn CDs of your favorite music, sync digital media files to portable devices, and find and purchase digital media content on the Internet through online stores.

Not sure where to begin? See Getting started to learn about the key tasks you can perform in the Player. Or, click one of the following links:

Play an audio or video file <<<<(CLICK ON THIS)

Play a CD or DVD

Use the Player library to organize your digital media collection

Burn your own CDs or DVDs

Rip music from a CD

Set up a device to sync

Shop for digital media content online

Troubleshoot problems

Windows Media Player Help contains basic information about using the Player. Several other resources are available on the Internet for specific help needs:

Windows Media Player online Web page. Contains content tailored for beginners and can help you use the Player to discover, play, and take your digital media content anywhere.

Troubleshooting Web page. Contains links to a variety of support resources, including the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page and the Player newsgroup.

Windows Media Knowledge Center Web page. Contains an extensive collection of books, articles, videos, and technical documents that showcase Windows Media tools and technologies.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
© 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Cheat_DEcoder

Cheat_DEcoder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
WAV is already checked checked but i still hear nothing

Edited by Cheat_DEcoder, 15 October 2006 - 11:20 AM.

Cheat_DEcoder

Cheat_DEcoder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
I'd say its been about 3 days now....

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Cheat_DEcoder...

Open Control Panel and double click on "Folder Options". Under the "File Types" tab, scroll down in the list to WAV and click on it. What program is currently assoiated with it?

wannabe1

Cheat_DEcoder

Cheat_DEcoder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
Posted Image

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
That looks good.

Do you get an error message when you try to play a wav file or does it play and you just can't hear it?

Cheat_DEcoder

Cheat_DEcoder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
No error message. It plays but I don't hear anything.

Cheat_DEcoder

Cheat_DEcoder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
No one here?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Can you link me to the file if it's available online?

Cheat_DEcoder

Cheat_DEcoder

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
its every wav file i download and play on windows media

Edited by Cheat_DEcoder, 25 October 2006 - 10:08 AM.

shaimali

shaimali

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Guys, duplicate file deleter is amazing, i highly recommend that you can try to delete the unused files and duplicate ones & try again..

Good Luck