Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Im doing it

• Please log in to reply

Angery

Angery

• Pip
  • 1 posts
OK Im a gamer and have decided to build my own computer at the young age of 38 so dont giggle at me I will try and give everything I want to put in this thing but I need some help to know if it all works well togather or if Im waisting my money os some of this stuff or if you have any suggestions PLEASE feel fre to let me know I will be looking in on this EVERYDAY....................................................
Thank You
Angery

OK heres the goods

LIAN LI PC-G70B Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case

ASUS P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe Socket T (LGA 775) NVIDIA nForce4 SLI X16 ATX Intel Motherboard

(2)eVGA 01G-P2-N592-AX Geforce 7950GX2 1GB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Dual GPU Video Card

FSP Group (Fortron Source) BoosterX 3, 300W ( Max. 400W ) SLI Graphic Power Supply

Update ENERMAX Galaxy EGA850EWL ATX 850W Power Supply

Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 Conroe 2.93GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80557X6800

(2) OCZ Titanium Alpha VX2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ2TA1000VX22GK

(2)Western Digital Raptor X WD1500AHFDRTL 150GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive
(Raid 0)

(2)Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD4000KDRTL 400GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive
(Raid 0)

LITE-ON 16X DVD±R DVD Burner Black ATAPI/E-IDE Model SHW-160P6S-04

LITE-ON Black ATAPI/E-IDE DVD-ROM Drive Model SHD-16P1S

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS GAMER Limited Edition 70SB035000013 7.1 Channels PCI Interface Sound Card

ZALMAN CNPS9500 LED 92mm 2 Ball Blue LED Light Cooling Fan with Heatsink

MASSCOOL 4ED1 60mm Hydro Bearing HD Cooling Fan/Heatsink

SAMSUNG Black/Silver 23" 16:9 8ms Wide HDTV Monitor with PC/DVD/TV Inputs Model LN-S2341W

There it is have at it pick it apart and tell me what else I need if anything or if I need to change something even though I will not change the CPU Im a Intel guy SORRY

Advertisements

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
well i am gonna say this.... and others will too.... You should wait for 4 month than build a computer. the core 2 duo and the upcoming quad cores rape amd so intel is the way to go. The reason for the wait is mainly the cpu and the gfx cards. DX10 is coming out and with the introduction of quad cores you will see huge drops in price on dual cores. the 6700 and the 6800 are not worth the price difference IMO a 6600 will sufficee for all your gaming needs.
I like the fact you take cooling seriously zalmans are amazing. However for the amount of money you are spending on this rig, water cooling should be considered an option cause your parts are gonna generate a lot of heat.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
I also recommend a few month wait...and get a bigger PSU...it should give you bragging rights for at least 2 weeks :whistling: