Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Difference between a Mac and a PC

• Please log in to reply

insanelewis

insanelewis

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey there.

I've recently been looking into getting a Mac. Right now I have a PC with Windows XP running on it. I'm slightly scared of getting a Mac since it seems to be such a big change.

So, I'd like to know your opinions on a Mac compared to a PC.

Thanks =)

-Lewis.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
To me, Mac just means a lot of limits and no benefits. It's more safe from viruses and such it seems, and they seem more reliable, however, they're also more expensive, and have way more limits. If you have applications installed on your PC, then you can't use most of them, becuase they're not compatible with Mac. So you either have to find the version of that program that's compatible, or just get something else. I don't see any benefit to switching over.

bmwboy

bmwboy

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
It really depends, more and more companies have began creating software for Mac, making a switch more enticing to me. Many newer macs (Intel) can run Windows XP along with Mac OS too.

--bmwboy

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You have made two threads and they are pretty much identical, please dont abuse the forum you only need one thread.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
before you get a mac, please borrow one from a friend for a day, you will see that like linux it is another language, I am not saying a bad one but most of what you know for window does not go for mac at which point you will either feel you want to know another language or stick with the one language you know already