Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

arghhhh

• Please log in to reply

weegerm

weegerm

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Alittle while ago I installed windows vista. Well a windows update ran the other day and now EVERYTHING is fooked up on my comp. Everytime I click on a progam it's telling me to try and reinstall it. I have no start icon on the bottom left of my comp. The only way i can get to it is by pressing the start button on my comp. the look of everything has go weird. When I press the start button on my comp the start menu pops up half way up the screen and there is nothing in it. :blink:

I dont have a windows cd to try and reformat my comp... is there anyway to fix this or totaly wipe my comp without taking it to the shop??

Ask me anything and I will try and give you the best answer I can :whistling:

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
What release candidate are you using, if you are still using beta 2 you should upgrade to RC1 or RC2. You get it from the same place you get the earlier releases.

What have you done with the vista DVD you had.

weegerm

weegerm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
I dont have a dvd for vista.

I guess I try find the RC1 or 2. See if that fix's it... cant get any worse...lol

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
How did you install it without a DVD.

weegerm

weegerm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
warez :whistling:

CJIS

CJIS

• PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
Why would you want to download Vista using warez when it is free to download anyway. You must have still used a DVD (even if it was downloaded using warez) to install it. Did you multiboot with another OS or is Vista the only one on your PC. Have you tried doing a system restore to before the point it was working.

Edited by CJIS, 18 October 2006 - 12:20 AM.