Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP!

• Please log in to reply

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Hope i got your attention :blink:
Anyways, i'm making a engineering poster on photoshop for inspiration on my dream carrier.
But i need some idea's from you guys on what exactly i should be putting on here.
Give me idea's people! :whistling:
So anything that involes engineering, so pretty well everything, post it here (link or name of object)
James

Edited by james_8970, 14 October 2006 - 08:28 PM.

Advertisements

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
maybe some pictures of computer chips?

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
i'm looking but i havn't found anything great that would go onto a poster as i need it to be a large image, because when i stretch it out i don't want it to be pixilated.
James

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
Here's a pick that's not bad. Although I'm not sure if it'll help.

http://www.internet-.../chips-ji5w.jpg

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
By the way I was wondering if this related to auto engineering, if so maybe some picks of tools will help.

Edited by SOORENA, 14 October 2006 - 09:32 PM.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
anything related to engineer, i'm edging toward computer, military or areospace engineer. Thats what i have it down to, but it might change in time.
For this poster that i'm making, i want everything that looks appealing to the eye :whistling: Mostly the great accomplishments by man is what i'm aiming for (e.g. space station, space shuttle, burj dubai, canada arm, etc.)
James

Edited by james_8970, 14 October 2006 - 10:44 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Just put a depressed looking pasty guy sitting at a desk with a calculator lots of paper of differnt vareities a computer, half a tonne of text books and a revolver sitting on an idiots guide to russian roulette book, you have some idea of engineering.

Nah im only kidding, a little well about the russian roulette thats not true for most but the rest little true this very moment im contemplating suicide rather than this maths assignment(they said maths for engineers is easier, yeah right). If i had to pick again i probabl would have buggered engineering at uni and joined the royal engineers or something like that because this is horrible sure it pays alot and its interesting in its own way but its not something i would reccomend. Unless your some kind of masochist then youll love it or a genius then it would be ok. I should done an extra year at school and did biology medicine would be way easier than this.

lizglass

lizglass

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
There are some amazing pictures of Saturn taken by the Cassini at this site:

http://saturn.jpl.na.../home/index.cfm

Best,

lizglass

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts

Just put a depressed looking pasty guy sitting at a desk with a calculator lots of paper of differnt vareities a computer, half a tonne of text books and a revolver sitting on an idiots guide to russian roulette book, you have some idea of engineering.

Nah im only kidding, a little well about the russian roulette thats not true for most but the rest little true this very moment im contemplating suicide rather than this maths assignment(they said maths for engineers is easier, yeah right). If i had to pick again i probabl would have buggered engineering at uni and joined the royal engineers or something like that because this is horrible sure it pays alot and its interesting in its own way but its not something i would reccomend. Unless your some kind of masochist then youll love it or a genius then it would be ok. I should done an extra year at school and did biology medicine would be way easier than this.

I can hardly wait :whistling:
James

lizglass

lizglass

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
As a geeky granny (i.e. been there done that) let me challenge you a bit.

Why do you dream about engineering: the maths? the achievements? working in the field? the computer work? going to rough places? the mental exercise? the boys-club environment? the leading of teams and projects? the touch of freshly-mixed concrete? the corner office in downtown Toronto? the paycheck?

Find more about what attracts you to this activity, and you might even discover new possibilities!

BTW, I trained as an architect but moved my career into a kind of environmental troubleshooter in very large infrastructure projects (hydropower dams, airports, industrial plants, energy systems, roads, regional developments, etc.). Travelled the world, roughed a few, loved it!

best,

Liz

Edited by lizglass, 16 October 2006 - 01:47 AM.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Im sure engineering gets alot better after you graduate, it must cant get worse its plenty interesting and full of things to do if you have an engineering degree especially from a good uni its hard not to get a job. And there is alot of oppertuntiy to some really exciting stuff, the kind of things you can look back when you are an OAP and say i did that.

But getting there thats the hard bit.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://admin.realcom.....lm Island.jpg great picture for man's acomplishments over nature...as far as engineering goes...well...untill it sinks back into the ocean...
from an architecture/engineering standpoint...anything made by frank gehry should always count as an engineering marvel

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP

from an architecture/engineering standpoint...anything made by frank gehry should always count as an engineering marvel

Have you seen the documentary that came out this year about him? It was quite interesting - a lot of interviews with him, and a chance to watch his design process.

In my hometown, we have 4 Frank Gehry-designed buildings. They were early works, so didn't have the waves and curves of things he designs now.

This is our local concert site, where I frequently attend concerts:

http://en.wikipedia....r_Post_Pavilion

This is a brochure that shows the 4 buildings (although not very well).

http://www.visithowa...frank_gehry.pdf

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

Have you seen the documentary that came out this year about him? It was quite interesting - a lot of interviews with him, and a chance to watch his design process.

i didn't but my dad did and told me all about it

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
I'd say use colorfull and "unusual" things and it should help