Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer Fails To Open

• Please log in to reply

thyde9337

thyde9337

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Internet Explorer 6 on my Dell Inspiron 8600 went on strike after many months of operating satisfactorily. This also happened to my Dell Dimension 4500 a few months ago but I managed to cure it by downloading IE 7. However, the Inspiron does not seem to be so cooperative. I downloaded the program from the Microsoft website and carefully followed the instructions. The program gave all the right messages so I re-started the computer as directed and clicked on the IE 7 icon. This tried to open using this webpage address: http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=54729 but the program fails to find the link but does not stop searching. I have downloaded the program twice without success.

Can anyone please suggest a reason for this behaviour?

The same behaviour occurred with the Dimension 4500 but it corrected itself after I had downloaded IE 7 for the third time. I have run the executable program sfc /scannow but this failed to detect any problem files.

T.Hyde

Advertisements