Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Shareing Outlook contacts in MS Exchange

• Please log in to reply

RjBass

RjBass

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
I have a network of about 10 computers all using Outlook 2000 and 2003. All of the computers get their email through pop accounts rather then on the Exchange Server. The network has a server running Windows Small Business Server 2003.

My problem is that I would like to get them all to share the same contacts and calenders. I have been told that I can set this up using shared folders, but so far I have been unable to figure it out. I'm not even sure if what I want to do is even possible since they don't use Exchange Server for their email.

Does anybody have any ideas?

I was going to post this in the Office forum, but I wasn't sure since were dealing with MS Exchange and MS Small Business Server 03.

Thanks.

Edited by RjBass, 16 October 2006 - 09:12 PM.

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
I would post in network.
However to do what you want you need to run Exchange Server.