Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cd and dvd drive not recogonized

• Please log in to reply

joelww

joelww

• Pip
  • 5 posts
The other night my cd and dvd drives dissapeared out of my computer. I used system restore to about a week prior and they came back. The next day they were gone again. I went into my control panel system hardware and it shows that "A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)". any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello Joelww and welcome to G2G!

What hardware device shows this message?
Have you tried reinstalling your motherboard chipset drivers?

joelww

joelww

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hello Joelww and welcome to G2G!

What hardware device shows this message?
Have you tried reinstalling your motherboard chipset drivers?

I have two Drives both of them have that message my dvd is a "samsung dvd-rom sd-616" my cd burner is a "Nec NR-7800a"
both of these are came preinstalled in the computer so I know how or where I would find the drivers at.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
You can find the chipset drivers on the motherboard manufacturers website or the PC manufacturers website.

joelww

joelww

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
the downloads that I have found for my drivers want me to put in a floppy disc for some reason but i dont have a floppy drive and i cant do anything

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Please download and run SysSpec. Run the file > click on the system button > click edit > click copy to clipboard and then paste it with your reply.

joelww

joelww

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
ok first off sorry about how complicated this getting. I downloaded that program and clicked system and got an error it says "access violation at address 0052d098 in module 'sysspec.exe.' read of address ffffffff.
but it does have the first 9 items it stops at the cd dvd rom spot and I cant copy to clipboard same error

Edited by joelww, 18 October 2006 - 11:33 AM.