Windows Live Messenger
Posted 17 October 2006 - 02:17 AM
Posted 17 October 2006 - 06:06 AM
Configuring Windows Live Messenger through the Zone Alarm firewall
1. From the system tray, near the system clock, right click on the ZoneAlarm Pro icon, and choose Restore ZoneAlarm Pro Control Center.
2. In the ZoneAlarm Pro Control Center window, click on Programs. Note: If you have ZoneAlarm Security Suite installed, the short-cut menu and options may be different. Choose the most appropriate menu option to launch ZoneAlarm Program Control console.
3. In the Programs tab, you will see the list of applications that are allowed access to the Internet, and their access permissions.
If Messenger appears more than once in the Programs list, one or more of the entries may be for earlier versions of Messenger that were previously installed on your computer. In this case, please proceed to step 4.
If Messenger is not listed, proceed to Step 5.
If Messenger only appears once on the Programs list, proceed to Step 6.
4. Remove earlier versions of Messenger from the list by following the steps below:
4.a. Select each of the entries for Messenger and take note of the Messenger version in the Entry Detail box.
4.b. If the version does not match with the version that you are currently using, right click on Messenger and choose Remove.
5. To add Windows Live Messenger through the ZoneAlarm Pro firewall, click on Add below the Programs list.
5.a. Browse to locate MSN Messenger by going to C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\.
5.b. Select msnmsgr.exe and click Open.
5.c. Select the newly created Messenger entry in the Programs list.
5.d. Click on the Trust Level icon for Messenger, and choose Trusted.
5.e. Click on each of the question marks under the Access column for Messenger, and choose Allow. Do the same for the question marks under the Server column.
6. To modify the access permitted to Messenger:
6.a. Select Messenger from the Programs list.
6.b. Click on the Trust Level icon for Messenger, and choose Trusted.
6.c. Click on each of the icons under the Access column for Messenger, and choose Allow. Do the same for the icons under the Server column.
*** taken from the Windows Live Space blog ***
Posted 17 October 2006 - 01:50 PM
Posted 17 October 2006 - 05:10 PM
- open Zone Alarm
- click on program control
- if smart defense is AUTO, change to custom
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users