Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't find my printer in my wireless network

• Please log in to reply

Pointman39

Pointman39

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I am using windows xp, a wireless router, and my printer HP PSC 2500 (which has wireless abiltities) and is connected via an ethernet to my router. One of my pc is connected to the printer via usb. I have setup my printer to share and I find it when I use the printers IP Address.

Here is the problem, when I use another pc to find my printer, "add a new printer" via control panel--> then add network printer--> browse for printer... NOTHING shows up! Any ideas how to resolve this so that I can use my printer for any pc that is wireless.

Also, I using WPA and have configured the printer accordingly for the security.

Thanks all for any suggestions!

Advertisements

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

"add a new printer" via control panel--> then add network printer--> browse for printer...

At this stage choose the second option -> hit next. You should have a list with the computer and then click on it and you should c the printer.
If not you can type in that line -> \\NAME OF COMPUTER\NAME OF PRINTER
For the name of computer go to the sharing computer and right click on My Computer -> properties -> Computer Name. copy the name of the computer. For the printer name go to start -> settings -> printers when the window opens you will c the name of the printer.