Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Speaker Issues

• Please log in to reply

katzeyz

katzeyz

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Something has gone terribly wrong in my sound. Whenever I try to use the speakers it sounds like 2 short police sirens every few seconds. I've redownloaded and upgraded my drivers, but that only last for a couple days and now its back.
Any advice would be great.
The pc is a Compaq.

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Hi. When did this start? Have you made any changes to your system recently?

katzeyz

katzeyz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
It had started several days ago. Nothing was added to my system that could have caused it, since the only things added were removal programs due to trojan horses and malware which I got cleaned up with help in another section of this forum. It went away for several days but started up again this afternoon.
I did run spyware and virus checks but all came back clean.

GrantG

GrantG

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
Do you have the facilities to try them on another system? If you try them on another system and there's no difference, I'd say your speakers are about to become ghosts.

katzeyz

katzeyz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I just took the speakers off and put them on my son's laptop and the sound wasn't a problem. But when I put them back on the desktop and plugged them back in the sound problem was gone once again.

GrantG

GrantG

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
I presume the problem will arise again, like you said this sort of thing has happened before - it disappears and comes back again. However, if it doesn't come back I'd take a guess and say it was a static error, usually fixed by turning the system off and pulling the plug out, or by turning the system off and taking the offending component out for a while

katzeyz

katzeyz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
The last time it worked for maybe 2 days so I should know soon enough. But thanks for all the help in the meantime.
Very much appreciated