Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Free Backup software

• Please log in to reply

Adrian04

Adrian04

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
I'm using Comodo Backup software now to back up my HD onto a external drive. However I have read that Comodo has links to spyware companies and am thinking of changing. What free applications do people use to back up? Also Comodo backs up by just copying my files, is that normal or is it better to create an image? Thanks

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well that is preffered although i tend to just manually back up my files, i dont keep application data other than save games as i can never guarantee its not corrupted and its often totally useless. So i just keep a data partition for stuff i actually want to keep and i back that to DVD when i get the chance. If you have another HDD you can just set windows to syncronise with it and put a folder with your data on each and be updatable on both. I dont like keeping an image of an OS as well sometimes you dont want to keep an OS and certainly a fresh install of windows has some performance and security benefits.

http://www.thefreeco...pandimage.shtml check this out seems a good site.